The Brick-It™ Moisture Control Galvanized Panel is the only system in the world that was especially designed to answerall moisture concerns and for which was awarded a US & Canada Patent. Brick-It™ MCS is the best way to install exterior thin brick because the metal grid was designed to:
Allow simple, fast and efficient installation
Create perfectly aligned brick veneer every time and, the interlocking feature and structural panel shape provides equal weight distribution of the bricks, reinforces the building corners and gives additional support to the wall itself.
Keeps free air flow behind the brick
Offset weep holes drain 100% of water every 8 inches.
High impact mat provides rapid exit for water which is naturally absorbed by brick
Compartmentalized channels promote pressure equalization
United States Patent #8,141,310
United States Patent #9,512,621
Florida Product Approval #FL14427
System Meets ASTM Requirements:
- ASTM C 270 - Standard Specification for Mortar for Unit Masonry; specially formulated mortar mix.
- ASTM C 513 - Standard Test Method for Obtaining and Testing Specimens of Hardened Lightweight Insulating Concrete for Compressive Strength; for bricks, minimum compression strength of 1000 PSI.
- ASTM C 577 - Standard Specification for Adhesives.
- ASTM E 84 - Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials.
- ASTM E 754 - Standard Test Method for Pullout Resistance of Ties and Anchors Embedded in Masonry Mortar Joints.