Continuous Insulation & Moisture Control System (CI)
The Brick-It™ Continuous Insulation & Moisture Control System (CI) was designed to meet 2012 International Building Code (IBC). Brick-It™ CI system provides the simplest and best way to install insulated exterior thin brick because the system was designed to:
- Minimize the temperature differential between the cavity and the stud, reducing heat loss and increasing the effective R-value (R11) of the wall system
- Provide better protection against water intrusion, reduces material degradation and extends the service life of the home or building
- Allow simple and fast installation as it eliminates long screws when fastening panels to the wall
- Create perfectly aligned brick veneer every time and, the interlocking feature and structural panel shape provides equal weight distribution of the bricks, reinforces the building corners and gives additional support to the wall itself
- Keeps free air flow between the veneer and the wall
- Offset weep holes drain 100% of water every 8 inches
- High impact mat provides rapid exit for water which is naturally absorbed by brick
- Compartmentalized channels promote pressure equalization
Continuous Insulation & Moisture Control System with Optional Back Plate
Brick-It™ Systems Material's Calculator
(only for the 48"(w) x 8 1/4"(h) Designer Metal Grid Panel)
|SQ. FOOTAGE NEEDED|
|LINEAR FEET NEEDED |
|Brick-It™ PATENTED |
|# OF BRICK CORNERS |
* Total weight calculation is approximate and actual weight will be determined by Brick-It™ Shipping Department. Every shipment is based on a 2000 lb. skid weight capacity. The shipment charges vary and will be quoted on a project by project basis. Total item calculation is approximate and does not include waste factor. Please speak to a Brick-It™ representative to determine waste factor amount to include in your order.
The Brick-It™ Continuous Insulation (CI)
United States Patent #9,512,621
Florida Product Approval #FL14427
The Brick-It™ Moisture Control System (CI) The panel is a Mill Certified, G-90 Galvanized (non-corrosive) Metal formed to a patented Structural shape to align brick courses and to support and ensure a mechanical bond of each brick in place. It was created to make the installation of thin brick easy and durable. The shelves are for supporting the bricks and create perfect mortar lines. The interlocking edges found every 8 ¼” at the top and bottom of each panel become triple metal shelves that provide additional support to each grid and reinforce the wall as well. The interlocking edges produce level and straight horizontal lines creating perfectly aligned bricks every time. Mortar anchoring slots ensure a bonding to the grid, and the linear array of holes is designed for adhesive providing a mechanical attachment between the brick, grid and substrate. Roll formed continues ledges make this panel extremely rigid. In addition the need for starter channels, special corner panels and other is entirely eliminated. The Brick-It™ Patented Panel system is the simplest, most user friendly and the strongest thin brick installation system available.
Weep Holes are strategically placed on all ledges to collect and weep out water (naturally absorbed by brick) to the back of the panel. High impact drainage mat which is installed in the back of the panel promotes rapid drainage, allows equal air pressure (at front and back of the veneer) and Free Air Flow contributes to the wall ventilation.