Thin Brick Pointing Mortar
ASTM C 270 - Standard Specification for Mortar for Unit Masonry; specially formulated mortar mix.
temporary protection and heat can be provided for a minimum of 36 hours
voids. When mortar attains a firm consistency joints shall be tooled.
seal mortar to edges of brick. Strike the vertical joints first than
horizontal joints. Provide concave finish. Fill voids.
- Allow adhesive to fully cure before mortaring joints.
- Use clean, cold water to mix mortar. Flush hoses regularly; especially during warm weather.
- Slightly dampen bricks before mortaring; especially during hot weather.
- Mix properly and test a sample area.
- Do not apply mortar to brick panel system when the ambient
outdoor temperature is below 36 degrees F (2.2 degrees C) unless
- Apply mortar into horizontal joints first, then vertical
joints. Over fill joints with sufficient mortar to avoid leaving any
- Use the joint tool supplied with the mortar kit to strike
joints. Press the tool against the joint and strike joint to fill and